[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] RDoc_CHM

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 12:38:55 EDT 2009

> I've uploaded my chm files for Ruby 1.9 to github[3] if anyone wants
> to take a look. I'm hoping for lots of feedback ;-)

Gordon,

Nice. They work great so far and are so much better than dealing with ri.  Thanks!

Jon

Feedback
========

* I like the Ruby version number as a title for ruby19.chm's main window.

* The README file in ruby19.chm doesn't really add any value and it was poorly formatted.  I'm for completely removing the file.

* The documentation in the "Files" folder of both core and stdlib is mostly missing.  In core there's zero useful information.  I'm for removing both of these folders from the .chm's.  That said, this may be unwise for stdlib as it appears some info would be lost.  For example "lib/English.rb" in the Files folder of stdlib contains some info, but there's nothing in the Classes folder.

* I'm not a fan of the 1px red border for "Not Documented" content.  I'd prefer the "<dd class="description missing-docs">(Not documented)</dd>" placeholders not even be created.

* Typos in the comments.  "Important" typos such as "Dir.[]" getting mangled into "..]] => array" really needs a core committer to clean it up in trunk.  In this specific example, there's also a link reference that got incorrectly generated.