[Rubyinstaller-devel] "Gem List" wiki page feedback

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:49:33 EDT 2009

2009/7/22 Jon <jon.forums at gmail.com>:

> please update the filenames of your DevKit downloads at
> http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/ when you get a chance so that people
> start seeing this revision numbering scheme in the actual 7z filenames

Will do.

> What specific Vista system are you using?  I want to be more specific in the
> summary of your MySQL install.

Oh, is not Vista, but MinGW team found some API changes for Win32 that
where related to Vista (actually,  even XP suffered from it).

So that's why is called vista-special, because these patches, nothing else.

I've indicated on the blog article which version of MySQL I did use.

As for OS: I'm using right now Windows 7 full time, skipped Vista completely :-)