[Rubyinstaller-devel] rip on windows?

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:58:53 EDT 2009

> If you have any idea or already have some solutions that is
> acceptable for rip developers write it here so we can start a work on it.
> I'm willing to contribute to it too.

Hi Bosko,

My impression from just a couple of email exchanges at

was that while they're interested on keeping things moving forward, they're also very much interested in help on Windows issues.

I personally believe that the best thing to do now is join their google group, give feedback that helps them make the hard tradeoffs, tell your Win32 friends about the project and how cool it could be for Windows, and hopefully help them find a cross platform way of doing the environment cleverness that they're currently doing with symlinks.

For example, does multiruby from ZenTest do some cool things that could help?

I think that quickly providing them another option to the symlinking before their code solidifies too much would be a great contribution.