[Rubyinstaller-devel] problem with multiple runtimes?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 14:02:31 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Appears that supporting multiple run times might be trickier than expected
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/thin-ruby/browse_thread/thread/c15b2472eb97c2ba/5997cf0c6ce2b103

Can you better explain? I'm not following or understand what you mean by this.

> though interestingly, now that I think about it, you could probably
> mix different versions of GCC since with mingw by default they all
> rely on the same runtime.

if by Runtime you mean C runtime library, you can target different C
runtimes with MinGW, but by default it links to msvcrt

> Also, I suppose if we went from one MS compiler to the next it would
> have similar problems.

Well, going with MS will have a lot of other problems. Didn't you
follow all the discussions about mixing binaries linked to different C
runtime libraries?