[Rubyinstaller-devel] Speed?

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:44:59 EDT 2009

> If it has, then we should really be strongly promoting this fact on the new
> website. I'm really hoping mingw Ruby will usher in a new era for Ruby on
> Windows that will place it firmly as a first-class platform.

It is indeed faster than the old mswin version, but if I remember
correctly, still far slower than linux versions (as a note jruby is
also far slower on windows than on Linux--I think).
You could run some benchmarks from the ruby benchmark suite if you'd
like.  andLinux might make for a somewhat reasonable comparison.