[Rubyinstaller-devel] feedback on the mingw installer

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:22:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like it.
> One thought for now: currently the "start command prompt with ruby"
> puts that version of ruby at the end of the path.  Is there a reason
> for that, by chance?

Yes, is a good practice not to put in front of the PATH. Tools on
Windows and system32 should be before your personal tools (MSDN
article I cannot remember right now).

> Currently when I use it [and have other versions installed] it still
> prefers the other ruby versions, which is why I'm wondering.

There is a ticket that suffers from the same:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=26534&group_id=167&atid=715

Next version of the preview (due this weekend) is going to include a fix for it.

Cheers,