[Rubyinstaller-devel] Where to note non-working gems?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 01:14:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Charles Roper<reachme at charlesroper.co.uk> wrote:
> Where is the list of non-working gems currently residing? I don't see
> anything on the Github wiki...

Well, we don't have a list, since I suppose the list could be huge :-P

> I've just found that RDiscount (http://github.com/rtomayko/rdiscount/)
> doesn't work.

By no chance RDiscount is going to work.

It uses a really obscure POSIX function that uses function callbacks
that is really hard to migrate or provide a cross platform support

However, there are some Markdown implementation in the lines of
RedCloth (using Ragel parser) that can work on Windows.