[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] RubyInstaller: Building installers story and news

Matt H matt at smajn.net
Thu Jul 9 20:26:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Jon<jon.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw the following note in your tutorial:
> Copy “C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\libeay32.dll” to “C:\Ruby19\bin” if you encounter an error when Rails attempts to connect to your database.
> Did you get an error using the libeay32.dll that the installer puts in C:\Ruby19\bin by default?  Did you have to overwrite it with the one from PostgreSQL to get things to work?

I didn't have any issues with the libeay32.dll when I was using
PostgreSQL 8.3, but after upgrading to 8.4, I was getting an error
when connecting to PostgreSQL. Copying the dll from the PostgreSQL
distribution solve the problem and everything seems to be working
fine. My Rails app passed all 2200 tests.

>> I also added a link to the tutorials on Github.
> I assume you'd be fine with a link from our Github tutorial page to your post? :)

Thank you for this.

Find me - http://www.smajn.net/social