[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] RubyInstaller: Building installers story and news

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:06:42 EDT 2009

> A wiki page for the "build compatible extensions" might be good.  I
> suggested earlier a isitmingw.rubyinstaller.org [a la
> http://isitruby19.com/ ] but that might be overkill, plus doesn't
> allow for editing like a wiki does.
>
> =r

Being able to edit the Building Compatible Extensions wiki page is crucial at the beginning as I plan on asking you, Luis, and a couple others to review and help cleanup any issues with the info.

I've found your blog posts and emails on ruby core very helpful and think we should summarize some of it on the GitHub site as well as add links to the Tutorial page to your future tutorial style posts dealing with Ruby-on-Windows issues.

That said, I also see value in being able to disable editing the wiki page once we're comfortable with the content.  I haven't found a way to disable edits yet but hopefully I'll get an answer to my github google group question.

That said, maybe this iea is overkill and there's no need to lock down the Current version of the page.

Thoughts?