[Rubyinstaller-devel] Docs included in a separate documentation installer?

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 02:45:07 EDT 2009

On 07/07/2009 21:21, Jon wrote:
> [...snipped from "ri documentation in final installer?" thread...]
> In the above thread we kicked around the idea of putting the documentation in a separate installer from the main Ruby runtime installer.  Both installers would be available from the same download area.
> Thoughts?

How about Jeremy McAnally's (aka Mr. Neighborly) Humble Little Ruby Book?

A link to Chris Pine's excellent Learn to Program tutorial would also be

The http://railsapi.com site also provides a super-sweet interface to
not only the Rails API docs, but also the Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 1.9 docs.
Click the "select some gems" link, then untick Rails, then select your
choice of Ruby API docs from the dropdown. You can then either download
or browse online. I've got the browse online version setup as a Chrome
app so that it loads and works as fast as a desktop app.