[Rubyinstaller-devel] ri documentation included in final installer?

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:08:30 EDT 2009

> What about a installer just for the Docs?
>
> Also, keep in mind that CHM file is not going to offer help for "ri"
> or "help" in IRB.
>
> This installer could include any of the cool and free Book of Ruby
> available, or the 1st edition of Programming Ruby, since was handed
> over to us (RubyInstaller project).

Personally I *really* like this option (for many reasons) especially if both installers are predominantly featured in the download area.

I'm not as familiar with Inno as I am with NSIS, but it would be cool for the Doc installer to attempt to find it's default install dir based upon the install dir chosen for the main Ruby installation.

Power users of course can install wherever, but for the person just wanting to install in the same location as their Ruby install, they just keep clicking Next -> and everything is installed under one dir.