[Rubyinstaller-devel] Getting Started with Ruby 1.9, Rails and MySQL, All on Windows.
luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:58:31 EDT 2009
A follow up of my previous post for SQLite3, this time for MySQL Server 5.0:
The steps described in the post:
* Installation of Ruby 1.9.1 on Windows (using preview1 Installers)
* Installation of MySQL Server
* Configuration of MySQL Service
* Verification of MySQL proper working
* Installation of MySQL/Ruby Bindings
* Installation of Rails and creation of sample application
* Verification of proper working environment
* Notes about compatibility
This post aims to explain the needed steps to get everything working
out of the box without fuss.
Hope search engines pick this up and help answer commonly asked
questions raised in the mailing lists.
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
More information about the Rubyinstaller-devel