[Rubyinstaller-devel] Additional FAQ questions for review

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:33:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Jon<jon.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe we need to add the following to http://wiki.github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/faq in order to bring people up to speed on the goals of the project.
>
> Some of these answers are part of existing Q's, but I think we need something more direct.
>
> I'll update the FAQ appropriately based upon feedback.

Thank you Jon!

I'm going to take a little bit of time during this weekend to provide
a more technical answer to the last point in the updated FAQ.

FYI: The reason for MinGW based is more than MS vs. Cross platform
tools, is more related to binaries, C Runtime libraries and backward
compatibility with 3rd party binaries like sqlite3.dll and others.

More to come on this.

And thank you for taking the time and tackling the documentation
aspect of the project. It has been neglected a lot by me :-P

Cheers,