[Rubyinstaller-devel] question on bat files

Will Green will at hotgazpacho.org
Sat Jan 31 19:10:35 EST 2009

FWIW, MS Visual Studio installs a bunch of CLI tools, but does not add
them to your path. Instead, they provide cmd/bat files that set a
bunch of environment variables and mess with the path before dumping
you to a command prompt. That way, you get a little sandbox; the env
vars and path alterations apply only to that command session.

You might want to look at that approach; one cmd file to launch 1.8.6,
one for 1.8.7, etc.

Sent from my iPod