[Rubyinstaller-devel] question on bat files

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:00:44 EST 2009

oh wow.  You are indeed right.  For some reason I had run into the
problem in years past so thought it was still there but it appears to
not be.  Not sure

It does save the prefix:
CONFIG["prefix"] = (TOPDIR || DESTDIR + "")

but I'd imagine that doesn't matter. -- unless extensions use that [?]
[maybe more important in linux?]
Anyway nice to know.
-=r

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at centrum.cz> wrote:
> On 31/01/2009, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > People also expect they can move the ruby folder and it will still
>>  > work, or at least they might.
>>

>> I expected that, but I was under the assumption that if you move
>>  ruby's root folder, rbconfig.rb doesn't change so it confuses your
>>  paths [?]
>>

> Maybe it does not have a fixed path on Windows?
>
> I would have to look at it but it's certainly doable, and moving ruby
> dirs works for me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michal

I wonder if the phrase "meeting my needs in the relationship" has a
hint of selfishness...