[Rubyinstaller-devel] question on bat files

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:51:22 EST 2009

Question:

I've noticed currently with gem.bat files [1]:
It doesn't play always nicely with windows and different versions of ruby.
1) a contrived example, but if you have a ruby.exe in your path , say
c:\ruby_path and run c:\other_ruby\gem.bat from the c:\ directory, it
uses c:\ruby_path\ruby.exe to run it
2) you cannot copy gem.bat file anywhere and run it--it must remain
where it is [I don't think this limitation on Linux].

Do you think I should report these or are they too obscure to care about?
Thanks!
-=r

[1] example:

@ECHO OFF