[Rubyinstaller-devel] musings

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:13:47 EST 2009

> The idea of rake-compiler reduce the need for me to tackle projects
> and provide Windows gems. I thought will be much better option and
> more sustainable in the long run.
>
> It also will play nice with some things I'm playing with, like
> building One-Click Installer almost fully from Linux.

Nice :)
I suppose one thing people could do [if it were possible] is specify a
windows dependency of the devkit gem if they don't want to have to
compile it themselves [and if it works].

>> is this expected?
>>

> maybe there is something during patch, which version is trying to
> patch? p114? p287?

This was with straight git clone then rake--I assume that's 114?

I am wondering if it would be possible to publish "alpha" releases,
like mingw OCI 1.8.7, 1.9.1 preview2, etc.
Just mark them as alpha and warn people about them.
Thoughts?
-=r