[Rubyinstaller-devel] musings

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:33:24 EST 2009

Hi all.

A few musings:

re: GPL versus MIT.  I suppose you could have the installer actually
download mingw+msys at install time, and thus you wouldn't be
distributing GPL code.  Either that or the gem way.  I'd be happy to
help with the gem one.

re: rake-compiler
Does this integrate with newgem at all?

Note:
with rubyinstaller currently I get [when I run rake]

mv zlib1.dll bin
cd -
cd sandbox/ruby_1_8
patching file `dln.c'
patching file `process.c'
patching file `array.c'
patching file `bignum.c'
patching file `eval.c'
patching file `intern.h'
patching file `io.c'
patching file `lib/webrick/httpservlet/filehandler.rb'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 163.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 232 with fuzz 2 (offset 33 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 306.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 360.
3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to
lib/webrick/httpservlet/filehandler.rb.rej
patching file `sprintf.c'
patching file `string.c'
rake aborted!

is this expected?