[Rubyinstaller-devel] character encodings

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:30:54 EST 2009

I get this:
decompose.c: In function `_utf_normalize_wc':
decompose.c:410: warning: visibility attribute not supported in this
configuration; ignored

googling for it reveals this:

maintain an ugly hardcoded list of "default_excludes"
in ld code.

Which I think means "you have to do an intermediate step to be able to
use .dll's in compiling using gcc, like
gcc -o filename file1.o file2.o file3.o

you have to export from the dll a .o for it--using dll_export or
something like that.  Do you know if character encodings uses a dll?
GL!
-=r

--
I wonder if the phrase "meeting my needs in the relationship" has a
tinge of selfishness...