[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby 1.9.1p0

Mike Hodgson mhodgson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:44:12 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

I had nothing better to do today, so I played around with building
1.9.1p0 on Windows. I was able to get the base system built with no
problem using Visual Studio 2008, and was also able to build the
OpenSSL and Iconv extensions with little trouble.

I totally replaced the standard Zlib extension with Park Heesob's pure
Ruby version, and RubyGems seems to like it just fine.

The only items that are still causing a pain in my ass are readline
and curses. Perhaps those are the next extensions ripe for a bounty?
:)

Here are the fruits of my labour so far, a patched working version of
Mongrel (built from source, not gem) is included as a bonus:

http://www.mikehodgson.com/files/ruby-1.9.1p0-mswin32_90.zip

If you want to try Rails on this, you will need to use the latest Edge
version, 2.2.2 will whine about 'test/unit/error' being missing.

Regards,
Mike