[Rubyinstaller-devel] scite

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 09:51:45 EDT 2009

On 29/08/2009 18:05, Bosko Ivanisevic wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com
> <mailto:luislavena at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     Personally I use Intype.
> SciTE is good editor but whenever question about "best" editor for Ruby
> is asked on the Ruby mailing list almost each answer is about different
> editor. Personally I use Emacs since I have same functionalities on the
> Windows and Linux and I know lot of developers would not choose it.
> Nevertheless I don't think we should include SciTE in rubyinstaller.

It might be a good idea to provide a list of good quality, Ruby-ready
editors on the wiki that offer a great out of the box experience for new
users. Things like:

E Text Editor (Great Ruby support, Textmate bundles & snippets)
Sublime Editor (Good Ruby support, Textmate snippets support, extensible
with Python)
TextShell (TextMate clone. Not very mature, but one to watch - doesn't
default to Cygwin like E)
InType (Good Ruby support, but a bit vapourware-ish?)
Notepad++ (Any good for Ruby?)