[Rubyinstaller-devel] gem install option

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:20:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Jon<jon.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Since some users want .rb files associated with ruby.exe, and want
>> > ruby in the path by default, maybe we should make a gem
>> >
>> > C:\>gem install ruby_setup
>> > C:\>ruby_setup install_current_ruby # adds ruby.exe to path, etc.
>> > thoughts?
>> > -r
>> This will eventually be a part of pik.  I'm also working on adding
>> these features to the installer in my fork.
> +1 for adding both to the installer as long as it's easy to opt out via gui checkboxs or something similar.

As long the option works at user or system level (so the change is to
user account or system-wide when privileges are present).

> should the path info be appended or suffixed to the existing path?  if optional, i think appending new path info is appropriate.

Prepend the PATH, not append, if not, we are going to introduce a bug
due mismatched logic, the prompt with Ruby shortcut prepends the PATH
due a bug reported to RubyForge.