[Rubyinstaller-devel] OT: FYI - Will be partially away the next days

Alexey Borzenkov snaury at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:01:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Luis Lavena<luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would appreciate if anyone can take a look to snaury fork and see
> how it works or if something breaks :-D
> (guess is on master branch now?)

No, it's still a separate proper-openssl-2 branch.

I don't quite like what I had to do in rake/extracttask.rb. While cp_r
does the job, unlike mv it's pretty slow. I have this:
but it patches FileUtils, which might be considered bad. :-/ Or maybe
we could do a simpler version of that, which doesn't have to deal with
lists of sources, etc.

Or, maybe if we kept tags somewhere (like .mingw.extracted,
.msys.extracted, etc.), build system wouldn't need to reextract
everything every time... and the issue would be almost moot.

Btw, using :force => true with FileUtils.mv is a really bad idea. All
it does is ignores any errors, and most likely that's not what you
want. I've been bitten many times by that, when it couldn't move
something and just silently succeeded (e.g. immediately after ruby is
unpacked Kaspersky goes inspecting it, and mv fails O.o which causes
only much later in the build process, when directory ext or something
else is missing).