[Rubyinstaller-devel] VC2010 builds

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:25:15 EDT 2009

I keep hearing people say "oh ruby would be even faster if it used a
more modern compiler and/or version of msvcrt"

Does anybody have some builds that can substantiate this that they can
make available?
Anybody know what compiler is used to build the binaries here:
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.9.1-p0-i386-mswin32.zip
?

I'm just always curious to understand speed differences [my first
question being "if they are faster, is it because they use profile
guided optimization, or is it just the newer version of msvcrt?"]
Thanks.
-r