[Rubyinstaller-devel] It is time for preview2

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:07:34 EDT 2009

Ok Guys,

Comodo is driving me crazy with documentation, so seems that signed
installers would have to wait for next release (or may final, who
knows)

I have updated the TODO with latest changes:

http://gist.github.com/151832

To summarize:

- Need to add Ruby license terms to License Agreement
- Make room for The Book of Ruby terms in the License Agreement
- RubyInstaller license agreements and LICENSE file bundled in the installer.
- Bundle the documentation in the installer
- Bundle the book into the installer

I'm right now about to test and push the Book of Ruby recipe and
changes. Also removing some cruft and left overs of GNU Readline.

This is what I need from you guys:

- Website placeholder be live the soonest as possible
- Addon page state the DevKit download and instructions on INSTALL file
- Candidates for testing installers on different OS combinations.

The last point is crucial, since we are targeting Windows 2000 and
greater, the installers needs to work without admin rights and even on
x64 platforms.

Will send a follow up once I'm done with the points listed above.

Cheers,