[Rubyinstaller-devel] rubyinstaller.org placeholder page needs feedback

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 03:54:08 EDT 2009

On 13/08/2009 02:51, Jon wrote:
>> On 11/08/2009 21:56, Luis Lavena wrote:
>>> Yes, divs inside links are invalid.
>>
>> Interestingly enough, this is actually valid in HTML 5. Sounds like it
>> could suffer from some browser rendering weirdness, though. Details here:
>>
>> http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2009/01/02/an-event-apart-and-html-5/
>
> These HTML/CSS buttons are no more than a short-term hack to help get us a quick, usable, and decent looking placeholder page while Pavel develops the really cool site.  I plan to back fill them with Pavel's real buttons when they're available.

Yes, understood. I raised the fact that block-level element inside links
are actually now perfectly valid in HTML 5 because I thought it was
interesting in light of our discussion, rather than as a suggestion you
should be implementing it. :)

I do, however, think it would be a good idea to use HTML 5 for the main
site.

I can help with that if you like?

Charles