[Rubyinstaller-devel] rubyinstaller.org placeholder page needs feedback

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:41:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Michal Suchanek<hramrach at centrum.cz> wrote:
> [...]
>
> As mentioned in the blog post the diamond cut ruby is used mostly,
> probably because it is easy to recognize and associate with the ruby
> language.

Yes, and I personally got tired of that particular shape, perhaps that
biased the design exploration by Rodolfo.

> The problem I see with the colourful logo is that the colors do not
> match the geometry (or something like that) which makes it somewhat
> hard to make out the shape leaving the impression of several colourful
> spots and polygons, not that of a compact recognizable shape.

Windows colors == RubyInstaller colors.

Shape: rectangular faceted cut.

Plain representations sucks. Perhaps I can ask Rodolfo to soften it
and make it clear the shape.

Right now the installer and the ruby executable files uses it, so
change the icon will slow down another release.