[Rubyinstaller-devel] rubyinstaller.org placeholder page needs feedback

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:18:47 EDT 2009

Hello Guys,

Sorry for my late chime in on this conversation...

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:14 AM, Michal Suchanek<hramrach at centrum.cz> wrote:
> 2009/8/12 Jon <jon.forums at gmail.com>:
>>> Looking good in IE 7 & 8 on Vista. IE6 is almost there - I'm seeing the
>>> same problem you have already identified. IE5... don't even go there. ;)
>>>
>>> Also looking fine on Safari 4, Opera 9 & 10, Chrome and Firefox.
>>
>> Thanks for checking these!
>>
>> FYI, on my time-stealing list, my remaining TODO items are:
>>
>> * Clean up IE6 lower icon bar issue
>> * Check XUbuntu/FF
>> * Create an Add-on placeholder page
>> * Tweak the existing Download placeholder page
>> * Clean up front summary text
>>

> As far as I can tell there is no problem with the page in FF/Debian
> and the links are now non-js so there should be no problem with them
> either.
>
> BTW noscript was at some point packaged for Ubuntu and recommended or
> suggested by Firefox so there might be quite a few people with JS
> turned off.
>
> One minor nitpick is the colourful gem - I think the page looked
> better with the red one at the top, it was somewhat consistent with
> those gems in the box. But if the colourful one is going to be the
> official logo I guess it should be there.

Logo explained here, in case the link got lost:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/06/13/rubyinstaller-designs-and-deadline-details/

As commented to Jon, I'm not fond with getting rid of it, as was
designed, by free by Rodolfo Budeguer.

As for the "for Windows" legend, I know was a 5 minutes wrap up,
spacing, mostly white one, is highly important on designs.

I'm fond with the change of moniker and get rid of the misleading
"One-Click", so "for Windows" should follow the exact same spacing
rules that "one-click away" legend has.

This means "for Windows" should only be expanded through "Installer"
word, and not over Ruby safe area.

Apologizes to send a someway convoluted response but work has been
overwhelming the past weeks.