[Rubyinstaller-devel] rubyinstaller.org placeholder page needs feedback

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Wed Aug 12 04:14:01 EDT 2009

2009/8/12 Jon <jon.forums at gmail.com>:
>> Looking good in IE 7 & 8 on Vista. IE6 is almost there - I'm seeing the
>> same problem you have already identified. IE5... don't even go there. ;)
>> Also looking fine on Safari 4, Opera 9 & 10, Chrome and Firefox.
> Thanks for checking these!
> FYI, on my time-stealing list, my remaining TODO items are:
> * Clean up IE6 lower icon bar issue
> * Check XUbuntu/FF
> * Create an Add-on placeholder page
> * Tweak the existing Download placeholder page
> * Clean up front summary text

As far as I can tell there is no problem with the page in FF/Debian
and the links are now non-js so there should be no problem with them

BTW noscript was at some point packaged for Ubuntu and recommended or
suggested by Firefox so there might be quite a few people with JS
turned off.

One minor nitpick is the colourful gem - I think the page looked
better with the red one at the top, it was somewhat consistent with
those gems in the box. But if the colourful one is going to be the
official logo I guess it should be there.