[Rubyinstaller-devel] Next Steps for the OCI Project Site

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 08:36:35 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld<gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Luis Lavena<luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What is the status for CHM? Can it be merged?

It's not where I wanted it to be at this point, but my night hasn't
turned out the way I had hoped.  I ended up at work all night.  I've
got rdoc_chm ready for it's 2.4.0 release.  Unfortunately, I can't see
straight, so tha'ts going to have to wait.

> Here's my todo list for getting the rake task ready.

This is where I'm at now [1]
[ ] Documentation
  [*] Generate CHM files for Core and Standard Library (Gordon Thiesfeld)
    [*] Finish Rdoc_CHM 2.4.0 [2], and release gem on Rubyforge
    [X] Add a main page to the main CHM file
      [X] Content about Rubyinstaller project
      [X] links to pertinent Ruby sites
      [ ] move config stuff from recipes/tools/docs.rake to
config/ruby_installer.rb
    [X] Test against Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 1.9

The pull requiest has been sent!  The rake docs code is ugly, but it
works.  You'll need to install the HTML Help library[3], then if you
clone my rdoc_chm repo[4], and run rake install_gem, you should be
ready to run the tasks I've created.   I also uploaded[5] a a 1.8.6
and 1.9.1 version of the ruby documenatation so that people can look
it over.

> Hopefully I'll have this done tonight.

Not quite ;-)

Gordon

[1]http://gist.github.com/162777
[2] http://wiki.github.com/vertiginous/rdoc_chm
[3] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwMicrosoftHTMLHelpDownloads.asp
[4] git clone git://github.com/vertiginous/rdoc_chm.git
[5] http://github.com/vertiginous/rubyinstaller/download