[Rubyinstaller-devel] Heads up for preview2

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:55:10 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We need to get closure on this one and move on.  I'm strongly advocating *not* including the RI info.  If we find out later this was a stoopid decision that causes a lot of problem tickets, we can revisit.
>>
>> Chime in now....
>
> Perhaps the CHM's can go in the main installer and the ri's in another?

The CHM will be in the installer, no separate one.

> Or maybe I could work on an ri generator gem, i.e.
> $ gem install ri_generator
> $ ri_generate_core # downloads core, runs rdoc against it, installs
> the ri for you locally
>
> Then we would never have to worry about installing ri--the end user
> can easily recreate the RI on the fly :)
>
> Thoughts?

Be my guess and hack it :-D

>> 2) What are the final links to be created by the installer?  For example...
>>
>> http://allgems.ruby-forum.com/
>
> +1 for that one [oh wait, I made it so I'm biased].

Sorry to ask, what would be the purpose of that particular link, and
what would be the title you would put to the shortcut?

Try to explain it in one sentence, since the shortcut and the tooltip
help are only one liners.

Cheers,