[Rubyinstaller-devel] rubyinstaller.org placeholder page needs feedback

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:57:44 EDT 2009

Take a look at http://rubyinstaller.org/proto/ when you get a chance.

If all looks stable, I'll finish reviewing with Pavel to ensure it's close enought to the real site.

I'm currently of the mindset that it's good enough to replace our "Coming soon" placeholder once I shrink the whitespace between the top graphic band and the lower icon band.  I don't think we need to feel the need to add text before going live with this simple static page.

Any additional text/graphics/etc you think we need?

So far the only problem I've found is with IE6/Win2K in which the lower band of icons wraps.  I'll manually fix the CSS later like I did the top nav menu.  Ah...IE6...

Haven't checked on my Firefox/Xubuntu system and have no feedback from a Mac or other *nix browers.  Graphics look great in elinks, though.

Things To Consider