[Rubyinstaller-devel] 1.9 gem env is far slower than on 1.8?

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:28:58 EDT 2009

> Anybody have any inkling as to what's going on here?
> Thanks!
> -r

FWIW, I've noticed my 1.9.1 gem commands are noticeably slower than my 1.8.6 commands.

Same thing when I'm run rspec.

For example, when running a spec for a patch to the treetop cmd line compiler I submitted, I was seeing ~20 secs on 1.9.1 vs ~12 secs on 1.8.6 on my Win test box.  While there were plenty of Kernel.system and Kernel.open calls, I was surprised at the delta.  Haven't tried it yet on my XUbuntu 9.04 system.

Jon