[Rubyinstaller-devel] Heads up for preview2

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 09:35:45 EDT 2009

> We need to get closure on this one and move on.  I'm strongly advocating *not* including the RI info.  If we find out later this was a stoopid decision that causes a lot of problem tickets, we can revisit.
> Chime in now....

Perhaps the CHM's can go in the main installer and the ri's in another?
Or maybe I could work on an ri generator gem, i.e.
$ gem install ri_generator
$ ri_generate_core # downloads core, runs rdoc against it, installs
the ri for you locally

Then we would never have to worry about installing ri--the end user
can easily recreate the RI on the fly :)

> 2) What are the final links to be created by the installer?  For example...
> http://allgems.ruby-forum.com/

+1 for that one [oh wait, I made it so I'm biased].