[Rubyinstaller-devel] Next Steps for the OCI Project Site

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 10:44:33 EDT 2009

Speaking of which, we need to decide what to do with http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstallerNews.

Currently I'm for putting a few snippets on the placeholder page and update the RubyForge page with a link similar to Gordon's mod to http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstaller

> Sent you the login information, so now the monkey is in your back.

Monkey received and firmly clutching my back.

> > ** Phase 2 ** goal should be to resource the development of the Radiant-based CMS that Pavel's going to take the lead as well as identify *specifically* what we want for the initial content as well as how we'd like it to integrate in with the existing RubyForge and GitHub sites.  I'm currently of the strong opinion that the Radiant-based site needs to be THE single go-to site for the OCI project.
> >

> We then need to know if we are going to maintain the GitHub wiki (we
> already pointed lot of people there) Or move it to our Radiant site.
>
> My personal preference is keep the following:
>
> 1) RubyForge: Tracker, Downloads and Mailing list
> 2) GitHub: Code repository and Wiki
> 3) Radiant: News and download links

Agree on (2) and (3).

I don't follow you on the Downloads at RubyForge.  Are you saying you *do not* want downloads available from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/ but want it to link back to the correct RubyForge download page?

If this is the case, I see no reason why we don't immediately start putting the preview releases and DevKit downloads on RubyForge.

WRT the mailing list, what are your thoughts on Charles Roper's idea?