[Rubyinstaller-devel] Next Steps for the OCI Project Site

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:25:13 EDT 2009

My impression is that we've got a good handle on this one and just need to get the work done.  I also think we need to break the effort into at least two phases.

** Phase 1 ** goal is to quickly get a static pages up for http://rubyinstaller.org/ and http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/ that are similar in theme to the work Pavel will be doing for Phase 2.

These static pages will integrate with both RubyForge and GitHub and some of this has already started.

I've let the monkey jump on my back for this one ;)  My plan is to create some time and get something up within the next 3-5 days for us to review and critique.

Luis...get me the hosting info/access ASAP or I'm putting the monkey on your back! >;->

** Phase 2 ** goal should be to resource the development of the Radiant-based CMS that Pavel's going to take the lead as well as identify *specifically* what we want for the initial content as well as how we'd like it to integrate in with the existing RubyForge and GitHub sites.  I'm currently of the strong opinion that the Radiant-based site needs to be THE single go-to site for the OCI project.

While I think the development site should be accessible for review, I am strongly against it trying to be shoe horned into trying to fulfill both short-term and long-term roles.  It's role should be the real project portal and Phase 1 should be made "good enough" to allow us to do more project evangelizing while Phase 2 is being completed.

Thoughts...please make sure we understand whether the feedback is for Phase 1 or Phase 2 or both.