[Rubyinstaller-devel] Is the work done here not being exposed properly?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:37:13 EDT 2009

2009/8/3 Jon <jon.forums at gmail.com>:
> One thing I'd like to see happen very quickly is to ask Pavel to hack up a
> cut down version of
>
> http://www.matcheck.cz/rubyinstaller/rubyinstaller_homepage.html
>
> in which the only working links are for (a) the download "red box" graphic,
> and (b) the "Download" text at the top of the page....both should link to
> http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/

Pavel is on the move and should be getting back on track this week (I hope).

I'll get in touch with him.

I can ask RubyForge admins to switch the URL of rubyforge.org to point
to GitHub. will check with them.

> This will act as a simple static facade until the real web site is up and
> working.  We can even hard code in some additional placeholder content if
> needed, but the point is I strongly believe we need to get a basic web site
> up.

Also, wrote a draft giving some bucks for a Radiant expert to
translate those to our website. I lack the Radiant knowledge (and the
time) to do it myself.

> Pavel's mockup homepage looks GREAT and is a good start....let's use as much
> of it as make sense to jump start things.
>
> Even if it's just the part from the blue band up to the top, it's *much*
> better than what we've got now :)

Oh, you mean the "Coming soon"... took me a lot to put that file online! ;-)

What if we just put a simple page with the info and concentrate the
links until the site is done? I can get the Radiant and the DB put in
place tonight.

> More to come...

Awesome!