[Rubyinstaller-devel] Is the work done here not being exposed properly?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:26:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld<gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please, be open and sincere about it, I'm open to comments or
>>> suggestions to change what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> I'd suggest "alpha releases" on the
>> http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/ web site--otherwise
>> nobody knows where to look, and it's as if the new mingw releases
>> don't exist.
>> =r
>
> The news section is good, but it's buried at the lower left hand side
> of the page.  The rubyforge page also lists the rubyforge wiki as the
> project's homepage, which hasn't been updated in a while.  Do you
> think this should be switched to the github wiki until
> rubyinstaller.org is ready?  I can do that, if you're ok with it,
> Luis.

Yes! Please do.

I would put a huge box on top of the current wiki pointing to the GitHub one.

> I've added links in the github wiki to the rubyinstaller
> downloads page and the rubyforge bug tracker.

Thank you.

Definitely next preview release is going to be hosted and announced at
RubyForge.

> Amy Hoy has some good articles on this subject.  Here's one[1] in
> particular that's worth a look.
>
> [1]http://slash7.com/articles/2007/2/26/pimpin-products-aint-easy

Thank you for the link!

I remember saw that, but couldn't find it...

Mea culpa:

"""
Don’t… use blog posts as the only way to find and download the product.

Puh-leeze for the love of all that is good and usable do not do this.
The last thing I need to do when I want something is search your blog
to try and figure out which blog post is the most recent version. I
speak for myself, but I know I’m not alone in this one. This very
mistake is what prompted me to write this thing.
"""