[Rubyinstaller-devel] Is the work done here not being exposed properly?

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:11:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please, be open and sincere about it, I'm open to comments or
>> suggestions to change what I'm doing wrong.
> I'd suggest "alpha releases" on the
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/ web site--otherwise
> nobody knows where to look, and it's as if the new mingw releases
> don't exist.
> =r

The news section is good, but it's buried at the lower left hand side
of the page.  The rubyforge page also lists the rubyforge wiki as the
project's homepage, which hasn't been updated in a while.  Do you
think this should be switched to the github wiki until
rubyinstaller.org is ready?  I can do that, if you're ok with it,
Luis.  I've added links in the github wiki to the rubyinstaller
downloads page and the rubyforge bug tracker.

Amy Hoy has some good articles on this subject.  Here's one[1] in
particular that's worth a look.