[Rubyinstaller-devel] Is the work done here not being exposed properly?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:53:26 EDT 2009

2009/8/3 Matt Hulse <matt.hulse at gmail.com>:
> I agree with Roger.  In fact, I tried to add an experimental section to the
> Rubyforge wiki myself at
> http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstaller (the target of
> the ruby-lang downloads 'one-click installer' link).  My edit failed because
> of the external link and security settings on the wiki.

Indeed the wiki is completely unfriendly. Gordon Thiesfeld did some
content editing but when I try do other adjustments was kicking me out

> If there was better info on that page, I would have found your work much
> sooner.

If I could have added it, would have done it sooner :P

> (Excellent work by the way!)

> There is some info under bleeding edge development but that deals with
> building Ruby yourself.  There is nothing on the page that will get a user
> to http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads.

I have to agree.

So the best thing to do is next preview release is put on RubyForge
and put the correct notice and warn labels ;-)

That is going to help a bit more until the website is done and the
"Coming soon" can go away ;-)

Thank you guys.