[Rubyinstaller-devel] Is the work done here not being exposed properly?

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Mon Aug 3 13:44:41 EDT 2009

2009/8/3 Matt H <matt at smajn.net>:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Luis Lavena<luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Should I change something? I mean, I'm not a communication expert, but
>> seems that I'm not doing it right to communicate what's happening with
>> the project or the amazing progress we did.
>
> I think there's two main issues.
>
> 1) No links from ruby-lang.org to the rubyinstaller
> 2) No content on rubyinstaller.org at all.
>
> I believe that if these two issues were resolved it would make a great
> deal of progress towards getting the word out.

Also some announcements of progress on ruby-talk would raise the
awareness of non-involved people about this project, what it is doing,
and how far it got already. There are people asking about windows
installers from time to time.

The lack of any official release makes it look like there is nothing
going on. People tend to overlook projects that do not deliver
immediate and continuous noise.

It is true that the new installer is not a drop-in replacement for the
old all-in-one ruby one click installer. However, people using various
subsets of the original one click installer functionality might be
able to test and use an installer with fewer libraries but newer ruby.

Thanks

Michal