[Rubyinstaller-devel] eventmachine gem can not work with OCI 1.9.1p129

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 22:50:39 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/29 phoenix <wujunchen at gmail.com>:
>> I can install eventmachine in  OCI 1.9.1p129 with --platform=mswin32,but
>> eventmachine can not work in this way.
>> And if install it not use --platform=mswin32,it can not be installed.
> Interesting.  I'll email the EM guys about it.

EventMachine requires OpenSSL? That bumps a bit the complexity of
building the gem...

I would recommend EM team build OpenSSL "statically" so it doesn't
conflict and can be shipped without DLLs.

> I suppose in the near future we can hope for the devkit gem to be able
> to install openssl locally if desired, so it can compile locally :)
> ?

No. OpenSSL requires a lot of Perl trickery. Check proper-openssl
branch of the repository to see how complicated is get OpenSSL to