[Rubyinstaller-devel] RubyInline: Path with spaces, cannot reproduce

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 19:49:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> C:\dev\ruby\old\which_ruby>cat c:\ruby\bin\gcc.bat
> SET DEVKIT=%~dp0..\devkit
> SET PATH=%DEVKIT%\gcc\3.4.5\bin;%DEVKIT%\msys\1.0.11\bin
> bash.exe  --login -i -c "gcc %*"

Well, that explains things a bit.

You're calling GCC from inside bash, which is going to mess all the
PATH and quotes around the command itself.

I found that later than published the devkit, going to work on a patch
or new version, but was focusing more on getting the recipes for the

Please change your gcc.bat to only load bin of MinGW and call gcc.exe
with %*, like my sample script.

Cheating every tool under the sun sometimes doesn't work.