[Rubyinstaller-devel] RubyInline: Path with spaces, cannot reproduce

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 06:48:04 EDT 2009

I totally agree.  After I sent this email my first thought was "why in
the world is it working here and not there?" And I'm still not sure.

> Can you try this GitHub repository?
> http://github.com/seattlerb/rubyinline

Yeah that was the repository I used.
> What is the content/format of gcc stub script?
> Mine is this:
> http://github.com/luislavena/binfiles/blob/master/gcc.bat

C:\dev\ruby\old\which_ruby>cat c:\ruby\bin\gcc.bat
SET DEVKIT=%~dp0..\devkit
SET PATH=%DEVKIT%\gcc\3.4.5\bin;%DEVKIT%\msys\1.0.11\bin
bash.exe  --login -i -c "gcc %*"

> Or adding the full path:
> http://github.com/luislavena/binfiles/blob/master/full-mingw.bat

Here's my equiv.

set PATH=c:\installs\build_env\mingw\bin;c:\installs\build_env\msys\bin;c:\installs\build_env\msys\usr\local\bin;%PATH%

> Also, would you mind tell me the values of HOME, APPDATA and HOMEDRIVE HOMEPATH?

HOME=C:\Documents and Settings\Default
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Default
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Application Data

Thanks for your help with this.