[Rubyinstaller-devel] GCC 4.3

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:37:00 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use Ruby 1.9.1 with minwg gcc 4.3.x a long time. It seems to be OK, only
>> Eventmachine doesn't work fine :(.
>
> I seem unable to get any version of windows ruby to run the EM tests.
> Not quite sure why.  For sure when I build with GCC 3.4 they still
> don't run, so it may not be 4.3's fault :)

I still didn't find a good reason (from my side) to tackle this task,
either with GCC 3.4.5 or 4.3.

Even more since there is no non-blocking interface built for Ruby 1.8
or 1.9 for Windows.

MSI Installers for 1.8 and 1.9 are coming next week, and devkit gem to
follow (spare time every weekend, no free time during work days).

If you guys start posting concrete examples I can chime in and help
out, that will be great.

Cheers,