[Rubyinstaller-devel] Win32console

deepj deepjungle.maca at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:54:42 EDT 2009

The problem is in the encoding of the console's output. The default
encoding is CP852 on Czech Windows. This encoding doesn't contain any
greek cyrilic chars. Unsupported chars are removed in my patched version
of win32console using this:
http://is.gd/s4dX

I had to done it because I don't know how to switch the console to utf-8
output.

 > The ANSI.rb need to be in UTF-8, first line of the file:
 > # encoding: utf-8
So this is unhelpful. When I needed switch the console to utf-8 output I
used this way in the C# without any problems:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/unicode_console_output.aspx

> I'll take a look to the different page encoding combination. Do you
> have a cyrilic file that I can binary read and send to Win32Console?

This is my test's file:
http://pastie.org/444394

Result:
http://www.deep-jungle.eu/iconv.png