[Rubyinstaller-devel] ANN: One-Click Ruby Installer 186-27 Release Candidate 1 Available
luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:21:11 EDT 2008
Hello Rubists from the World.
This message is to announce the long waited update version of One-
Click Ruby Installer (OCI).
This version, built with VC6, updates some of the components,
including RubyGems and solve bugs found in the installer, sneaking
also some requested features.
As usual, you can download the latest version from the RubyForge page:
What is included in this version?
Mainly Ruby itself was updated to 1.8.6 patchlevel 287, which will
make some users feel safer now :-)
Besides RubyGems 1.2.0, this version updates several gems:
2008-09 Release 27
* Upgraded Ruby to 1.8.6 patch level 287
* Upgraded RubyGems to 1.2.0
* Upgraded Rake to 0.8.2
* Removed Rake batch file monkeypatches
* Upgraded FXRuby to 1.6.16
* Upgraded SciTE to 1.76. Fixes #8596
* Merged SciTE Ruby properties file.
* Upgraded OpenGL to 0.60.0
* Upgraded Expat to 2.0.1
* Upgraded Ruby/DBI to 0.2.2
* Upgraded VRuby to vruby080229
* Upgraded win32-api to 1.2.0
* Upgraded windows-api to 0.2.4
* Upgraded windows-pr to 0.9.3
* Upgraded win32-file-stat to 1.3.1
* Upgraded win32-file to 0.5.5
* Upgraded win32-clipboard to 0.4.4
* Upgraded win32-eventlog to 0.5.0
* Upgraded win32-process to 0.5.9
* Properly identify SystemDrive. Fixes #4946
* Make RUBYOPT optional as default
* Unset INPUTRC during uninstall. Fixes #4981
* Added IRB Shortcut to easy access. Fixes #8489
* Copy Emacs files to /misc. Fixes #5600
* Updated .inputrc for European keyboards
NOTE: Keep in mind this is a Release Candidate and should be used for
compatibility testing until Final version is released.
If no outstanding issue is raised, I'll consider this version stable
and mark it as final. If not, expect another RC next week :-D
Thank you again for your patience waiting for this release.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
disinclination to do so.
More information about the Rubyinstaller-devel