[Rubyinstaller-devel] Use openssl 0.9.8e in the next version?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:28:39 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Zakaria <z4k4ri4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm testing your RC1 and using it for rails 2.1 and postgresql.
> It turnout your libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll conflict with
> PostgreSQL 8.3.1 version of the same dll ( vs
> Could you upgrade the next version to use OpenSSL 0.9.8e like PostgreSQL?
> I'm choosing that particular version of PostgreSQL because that the version
> the target server will use (Ubuntu LTS 8.04).

After futher review, it seems sseay32.dll and libeay32.dll "official"
builds are prepared with VC9,

That will render the updated files incompatible with current One-Click
installer (VC6).

Too bad there isn't other releases of this for MinGW or VC6 compilers.

The alternative will be manually copy these files into Ruby/bin once installed.

MinGW version of One-Click will not be affected by this.