[Rubyinstaller-devel] Fwd: [Rev-talk] latest on windows mingw...

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 02:33:27 EST 2008

> That's rubyinstaller tests? so we have now 8 failures... was 5 last time.

Yeah I get 5 now :)

>> I suppose that the glimmer of good news is that mingw passes all the
>> tests for 1.9 :)
>>

> Cool!

I have been having fun trying to figure out how to get 1.9 to compile
without cygwin help.  I think you can hack it to work.  [i.e. run
make, then when it errs, run make in the extension directories one by
one, then make install].  I should look more closely at the 1.8
recipes and see if they'd help me out

In other news 1.9 mingw passes 'make test' [all 918] but errs on some
make test-all.  Well we do what we can :)

Thanks for your help on this.  Hopefully it will make a bigger and
badder ruby for all of us.

I'd be happy to hack on some of the 1.8.7 errors--I just need approval
that I'm not breaking something by fixing them :)

-=R