[Rubyinstaller-devel] current mingw make test results

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 02:41:15 EST 2008

I assume these errors are common?

for the default [from git--1.8.6]

1607 tests, 15685 assertions, 5 failures, 72 errors (lots of soap errors)

and for the same with rake CHECKOUT=1

sometimes 5 failures, sometimes 6.  I assume the ssl error [the 6th]
is timing related? [like the server closes too fast in some instances
or something?]  It seems hard to reproduce.

Do you think the rest of these are bugs in ruby or in ruby mingw?
I'm afraid I'll hurt the MSVC distro if I try and fix them :)

As a side note, I also get the old "mingw -e quoted fails" stuff just
like I used to--I knew I wasn't going crazy :)

ruby 1.8.6 (2008-07-17 patchlevel 279) [i386-mingw32]

ruby -e "20.times { \"a\"}"
-e:1: syntax error, unexpected tSTRING_BEG, expecting $end
20.times { "a"}"►